The weather has warmed up, making it the perfect time to visit one of Pennsylvania’s outstanding wineries. There are tons of fun happenings scheduled all month long.
The must-attend event of the month is the 27th Annual Great Tastes of Pennsylvania Wine & Food Festival, which unfolds on Saturday and Sunday, June 24–25, at Split Rock Resort. This two-day, outdoor festival features samplings from 28 Pennsylvania wineries, food and craft vendors, three stages of live musical entertainment, a beer tent, yard games, giveaways and grape stomping and grape eating contests.
You’ll find a sampling of the events happening this month below, broken down by region. Don’t forget to check out our events page for other great wine-soaked happenings near you!
- Louisiana-Style Crab Boil (Friday and Saturday, June 2–3): Partake in an authentic crab boil at The Winery at Wilcox paired with live music, a wine flight and a keepsake glass.
- Blues Festival (Saturday, June 17): Bring good friends, lawn chairs and a blanket to Conneaut Cellars Winery & Distillery and enjoy the sounds of two local bands. Pick up a chilled bottle of wine and then sit back and enjoy!
- Wine by the Vine Concerts (Every Friday in June): Relax on the deck at The Vineyard at Grandview, sip some wine and listen to live music. Food trucks onsite. If it rains, the concert moves inside.
- Wine, Women & Chocolate (Saturday, June 17): Enjoy some quality time with your girlfriends as you indulge in a decadent pairing of chocolates and wines at Naylor Wine Cellars. They’ll also have some great vendors with exclusive deals.
- Greenhouse Winery’s 2nd Anniversary Party (Saturday, June 10): Bring a picnic and listen to live music to help Greenhouse Winery celebrate their anniversary. Enjoy discounts on some of your favorite wines, too.
- Yoga in the Vineyard (Sunday, June 11): Relax, rejuvenate and restore with yoga at Franklin Hill Vineyards. Then head to the Pavilion for a light brunch, complete with cocktails.The Tasting Room will be open and a tour will be offered.
- International Food & Wine Weekends (Every Saturday and Sunday in June): Take a trip around the world at Chaddsford Winery! Explore global flavors and savor award-winning wines during a summertime winery tasting tour. You’ll visit four unique pairing stations offering assorted hors d’oeuvres, snacks and wines that celebrate various cultures.
- Run the Vineyards 5K (Saturday and Sunday, June 3–4): On your mark, get set, go! Enjoy a scenic 5K run at Blue Mountain Vineyards & Cellars followed by wine, live music and tasty food at the afterparty.
The Pennsylvania Winery Association is a trade association representing more than 100 member wineries and an advocate on behalf of the state’s growing multibillion-dollar wine industry. With some of the most fertile grape-growing land on the East Coast, Pennsylvania ranks fifth nationally in the amount of grapes grown, seventh in wine production, and seventh in the number of licensed wineries. To learn more about Pennsylvania wine or to plan a trip, visit PennsylvaniaWine.com.