Summer is in full swing, and there are tons of events happening at Pennsylvania’s outstanding wineries all month long.
From live music events to pairing wine with chocolate, there’s a tasty time to be had all around the Commonwealth. You’ll find a sampling of the events happening this month below, broken down by region. Don’t forget to check out our events page for other great wine-soaked happenings near you!
- Wine Tasting For Singles (Friday, July 21): Enjoy a wine tasting, cheese samples, live music with Angela Evans Duo and mingling at Blue Mountain Vineyards & Cellars.
- Wildlife and Wine Safari (Saturday, July 8): Enjoy an exciting day with Bwana Jim at The Winery at Wilcox. Bwana Jim specializes in reptiles such as snakes, alligators and turtles, and other animals such as armadillos, wallabies and exotic birds. Showtimes are at 1, 3 and 5 p.m.
- Music in the Vineyards (Every Saturday through August 26): This popular summer concert series continues at Penn Shore Winery and Vineyards. Grab a blanket and some chairs, bring a picnic basket or indulge at a food truck, and relax with Penn Shore wines by the glass or bottle. New this year: Select local craft beers will also be available.
- How Sweet It Is (Sunday, July 23): Enjoy a sweet afternoon at Crossing Vineyards and Winery filled with tips on how to pair your two favorites—wine and chocolate.
- Anniversary Weekend (Saturday & Sunday, July 15 – 16): Join in on the celebration of Vynecrest Vineyards & Winery’s 43rd anniversary. There will be live music, a food truck, wine slushies, case discounts, and more!
- Cigar & Wine Night (Saturday, July 15): Head to The Vineyard at Grandview for an evening of wine, music and cigars. Enjoy music by the Steven Courtney Band and food from Killer Kitchen Gourmet food truck. Cigars 4 Good is donating the cigar, and all donations and profit from ticket sales will benefit the charities that it supports.
- Open Air Dinner (Saturday, July 8): Greendance Winery’s Open Air Dinner has become a tradition, a celebration of summer and living local. Come and join the endless table in nature’s dining room without walls. Enjoy wine tasting, apps, and live music.
The Pennsylvania Winery Association is a trade association representing more than 100 member wineries and an advocate on behalf of the state’s growing multibillion-dollar wine industry. With some of the most fertile grape-growing land on the East Coast, Pennsylvania ranks fifth nationally in the amount of grapes grown, seventh in wine production, and seventh in the number of licensed wineries. To learn more about Pennsylvania wine or to plan a trip, visit PennsylvaniaWine.com.